Saturday, April 5, 2008

Another Addiction, or two...

So, not only do I like to knit, I am also quite the video game nerd. I like playing PC MMORPGs, and sometimes even a console game every now and then.

I just yesterday got a Nintendo DS for my (early) birthday. I got Yoshi's Island DS for it as well. I used to play Yoshi's Island on my step-mom's SuperNES way back in the day. I'm not much for Mario jumpy-jumpy games, but I really liked the way you could shoot eggs and eat stuff with Yoshi.
It wont go a day in my house without being played. I've got a video game nut for an almost-husband and my daughter loves them too.

I signed us up for Gamefly, and already have 2 games rented and shipped out. I should have them Monday. I'm excited.

Needless to say, I'm addicted. And I feel quite nerdy about it. :)

Another thing I was looking at was Maple Story for the PC. It's an online side-scroller MMO that you can download and play for free! I showed it to one of my (nerd) friends today and he thought it looked cool. I do, too. I think maybe I should really give this one some serious thought before I go and download it... I dont want to be sucked into an other online MMO.

The biggest problem with video games is how hard they are to put down. I could get into a game and an hour would go by without me even noticing it. Although, I have a hard time playing the DS for longer than an hour, a PC game like Maple Story would probably suck me in entirely.

So many addictions, and only so many hands...

Maybe I should get help, haha. :)

No comments: