Monday, June 8, 2009

first sweater, new needles.


S5001135
Originally uploaded by fizzberry
A couple of weeks ago, I ordered some yarn to make a Circular Shrug for myself. I have finally gotten brave enough to make a sweater, and am really excited to get started.

I also ordered a set of Harmony sock needles. They are gorgeous polished hand-painted wood.

What drove me absolutely crazy last week was the fact that the post office delivered my package to the wrong address! I watched my tracking number like a hawk, and started getting worried when it said that my package had been delivered, but I didnt have it! I called the post office, and when I had a hard time getting a hold of the delivery supervisor, I decided to just go down there and talk to someone. They basically told me there was nothing they could do to track down my package except for talking to my mail carrier, and if it was lost, it was lost. I was not feeling very optimistic. Then, the next morning, I was woken up by my upstairs neighbors. Turns out that they had received my package along with one of theirs, and didnt notice that they had mine until they opened it. I am so thankful that they brought it back down to me.

Now I am getting a swatch together for my sweater. I rarely ever swatch, but the whole pattern is based on a swatch, and I dont wanna mess this up! Once I'm done with this, I'm going to learn how to make socks. Yay! And the daughter gets the first pair, she's been dying for me to make her some. Now I have some beautiful needles to learn on. Will keep posting my progress! :)

No comments: