Monday, May 18, 2009

stash n' shawl.

Finally visited my parents this weekend. I havent seen them since Easter. My youngest sister graduated highschool yesterday, by the skin of her teeth. But, she did it.
Anyway, my stepmom had a gift for me from my birthday last month. She handed me this yarn basket. It's a little over a foot deep, has a few places on the inside to store needles, and a nifty eyelet that you can thread yarn through. I absolutely love it! And it looks a lot nicer in my living room than the canvas bag I had all of my projects in before.

I found out that this weekend is the annual Delaware pow-wow in Copan, Oklahoma. http://www.goodnewspress.com/news.php?viewStory=745
My dad is going, along with some other family, and my crazy Aunt Patti who wants to dance one more time. Dad suggested that my daughter go with them. I would like to, but I doubt I'll be able to get the night off. Anyway, my grandmother tells me that if dear daughter has a shawl, she can dance with the women at the pow-wow. So I'm going to knit her one. I'm going to make it with worsted yarn on 11 needles to make a little open and lacy using a simple k2, yo, knit across until it's the size I want it to be. Maybe I'll put some fringe on it. I'll post pictures of it when I'm finished! :)

No comments: