Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan

I think I've finally perfected my Eggplant Parmesan recipe. And my nifty little Pampered Chef Kitchen Sprayer my mother-in-law gave me for Christmas is a big help!

Eggplant Parmesan

Serves 4-6

1 med eggplant in 1/2" slices
2c Italian breadcrumbs
1/4c grated parmesan cheese
1/2tsp McCormick or Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb blend (salt-free)
1/2tsp salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten

Heat oven to 450.
In a shallow bowl (I use a pie plate) mix breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Garlic & Herb blend, and salt.
Dip eggplant slices in egg, and then coat in breadcrumb mixture.
Here's where you could use a foil-lined cookie sheet, coated with cooking spray. I like to use a baking rack on a cookie sheet. Just make sure you spray it so your eggplant wont stick.
Place your eggplant on your prefered method in a single layer, and spray tops with cooking spray or olive oil.
Bake for about 7m or till breadcrumbs start to get lightly browned and then flip 'em over, spraying the tops again. Bake another 7m or so, or till browning and you can poke a fork in those babies.

A lot of people then like to sort of layer the slices in a baking dish (13x9) with some sauce and cheese. Would probably wanna bake at a lower temp. and just till the cheese melts and the sauce is bubbly.

Me, I like to just make some spaghetti and my favorite sauce, and then serve my slices over the top of it.

Yum!

No comments: