Monday, January 18, 2010

Exciting Stuff!

I started working at JoAnn's last Monday. I worked 4 days last week. I absolutely love it so far! I was really nervous about learning how to cut fabric, and it's the first thing they showed me how to do. I ended up being on the cut table almost that whole day. I really couldnt do anything else yet anyway.

Soon enough, I learned how to run the register (of course, I'm still learning some) and worked on a merchandising day where I just put stuff away. That was fantastic since it helped me learn where things are located in the store.

But anyway, I'm working with a pretty friendly group of people, and really enjoyed the first week.

Even more exciting is the employee discount! Yay! I bought "Getting Started Knitting Socks," which I've had my eye on for awhile. Now I hope to finally finish Daughter's socks that I started forever ago. Also got myself some new dpns.

And last week, I won a pattern on MochiMochiLand.com for mentioning an idea for a knitted toy! If you havent read her blog, or seen any of her patterns, you need to go check it out! She's amazing!


No comments: