Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring.

Feels like spring is finally here.

I found out not too long ago, after whining about it being too late to plant any, that I do in fact have daffodils in my yard. There are other things growing as well, and I am very excited to see what they will be. Also, the maple tree is doing it's thing (may be contributing to my allergies) and hopefully the Japanese maple will not be far behind.

I am always inspired by the newness spring brings. Makes me feel good. Makes me wanna get out and do something. I'm hoping to grow some strawberries this year. Maybe some dill and other various herbs. Maybe even some squash or tomatoes! I mean, I do have a yard now, and it gets full sun almost all day. There are so many possibilities!

Another new thing we're going to be enjoying soon is getting a puppy. We've been talking about getting a Westie for quite some time now, and now that we're moved, the time is right! So we browsed the web awhile and found a breeder that is fairly close by. We will be picking her up on Thursday.

Getting prepared for a puppy has been interesting. I am worried for my yarn, haha. We have been reading a lot about training, and we've had a bit of information overload. I'm hoping all goes well. Westies are very smart dogs, and I'm optimistic about training going easily. This will probably require more patience than I'm used to, and I am also prepared for that. At least, I think I am...

Spring also brings about the beginning of Art Walk here in town. Art Walk is on the 3rd Thursday of every month, from March until October. All sorts of stores and buildings downtown open up their doors to host galleries for local artists. This even brings hundreds of people downtown to see what their city has to offer. There is food, music, art, activities for children, all sorts of things. I absolutely love seeing all of the people out together, enjoying the city. It makes me hope for the future. I hope it's great.

No comments: