Tuesday, November 8, 2011

5/23/11 Note from Facebook

I forgot I had written this, the day after the tornado.....


Just wanted to give you all an update.
Matt and I went back to Joplin this afternoon to see what we could do with stuff from our house.

We managed to get most of our clothing. Yay for my Levi's! Matt even found a pair of shoes.

I found my knitting needles, but the yarn I count as a loss.

I found my Wii, BlueRay player, and the DS. Who knows if any work.

Someone else's flat screen tv was in my kitchen.

I still had a pot of coffee on the maker, and it was still plugged in on the counter where I left it.

Gas was still spewing out of our meter.

There was a blue X on the wall.

There was a bright orange "GAS LEAK" spray painted on my driveway.

There was a huge piece of metal siding wrapped around the maple tree in the front yard.

There was a pink hoodie hugging the trunk of my poor apricot tree.

My rosemary survived.

My hamper still had dirty (dirtier, now) clothes in it.

I found a pot that had previously had a plant in it. The pot was spotless, but the plant seems to have escaped.

Jade's room only lost the roof, and one wall caved in.

All of the remotes were still on the coffee table.

Matt's purple truck started right up. It has no glass, but the lights work and he drove it to his parent's house.

Everything is covered in debris. Insulation, dirt, pieces of other people's lives.

I hugged my neighbors.

Thank you all for your support. We will be okay. We are alive.

Love you.
Sarah







.

No comments: