Saturday, November 19, 2011

One year. Six months.

Almost a year ago (this Thanksgiving week), on Black Friday, we drove through various neighborhoods looking for houses for sale. We drove by our soon-to-be house, almost not even wanting to look at it (by that time, I was really tired of driving around and not looking forward to my 14hr shift at work).

A week later, we were shown the house, and fell in love.

During the coming month, we would put an offer on it, await inspections, put a new roof on it, sit in front of it and eat lunch. Drive by it once a week.

January 15th, we closed on the house, and spent the night there in sleeping bags.

Almost 4 months later, it was destroyed by one of the worst tornadoes in over 50 years.

I guess I'm feeling a little depressed about all of it lately. I think it's because so much happened this time last year with our house. I was pretty obsessed with it. There was about a month and a half where everything we did was house-buying related, and the anticipation was pretty intense.

Now, a year later, we're waiting on house stuff again, but it's on a grander scheme. I cant say that the anticipation is worse... not yet anyway. I think that we've been waiting for something to happen for so long, that we've lost the reality of the situation. Once we get our building permit and get this show on the road, we'll be pulled back into the stress and excitement.

I'm so ready.

No comments: