Monday, May 9, 2011

I am on vacation!

Yaaay!!

And you know, it's sad, cause I might go into work to do some shopping tonight, hehe.

We go to pick Mom up tomorrow afternoon. So in preparation, I've gotten the oil changed in my car, washed it, vacuumed it. Waiting for it to cool off outside before I sit in my car and wipe down the dash and stuff.

Other things to do include picking up the house a bit more, cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen. I'd also like to have M help me clip Zoe's nails. They're a little scratchy.

Oh! So a few days ago was J's birthday. We took her and a friend to the drive-in and saw "Rio" and "Soul Surfer." Soul Surfer was pretty good. My dad stopped by earlier in the day to give J her birthday present, and dropped on off for me as well. Grandma got me an apricot tree. M planted it yesterday. It's supposed to be self-pollinating, so I hope it does well with out a friend.

The garden is doing well despite the warm weather. Which is great, considering it gets so nasty here. I read that putting river rocks or white pebbles on top of the soil helps to keep the humidity down in potted gardens, so we put some white marble on top. I have what looks like the beginning of a bloom on my bell pepper, yay! My strawberries are looking great, and putting off new babies. My rosemary is doing fantastic, as is my parsley. My dill and cilantro are sort of turning red on some branches, I dont know what that means. My thyme is half-dead I think. We'll see how the rest of it does before I consider digging it up and replacing it.

So yeah. Wednesday we're having dinner with my community group, looking forward to sharing my church family with my mom. Then the next day is Thursday, we usually go eat with the nerds, so that'll be fun too! And Mom gets to go to Art Walk this month. Yay! :)

Anyway, I have so much to do before Mom gets here. I'd better get off this thing and go do Something. I guess. ;)

No comments: