Friday, May 20, 2011

Missing her already.

Vacation is over. 10 days has come and gone. We dropped Mom off at the airport this morning, and I already miss her.

I hope she wasnt bored out of her mind.

It was very nice to just sit around and enjoy her company. We watched a ton of movies, and drank even more coffee. We cooked, we hugged, we laughed.

The weather didnt cooperate very much while she was here. The day she came in, it was nice and warm out. Followed by 3 or 4 days of wet and rainy and cold. We didnt get to go camping, but we did make it down to Pineville and had lunch at the river. Then there were a few pretty days, and today, when she left, we awoke to rumbling in the distance. Thunderstorms all the way to Tulsa. We drove through rain that was coming down so hard, you could hardly see the lines on the side of the highway, much less anything in front of you. Quite scary.

While we didnt really have anything planned, it was nice just to be able to go eat, or shop or whatever we felt like.

It was just nice to see her face, hug her. I can still smell her soap in the bathroom.

Tomorrow means back to work with an 8 hour shift. Half customer service, half price changes. Fantastic. Maybe they'll just let me wear jeans and tennis shoes for the entire shift. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time off. I really didnt miss working (especially with Inventory this week, haha!) but I suppose it will be nice to get back. I do like my job.

I guess I'll be off then. Husband and doggy are both sleeping, but I am wide awake. Which, at this time of night, often results in the munchies. Maybe I'll go polish off the peanut M&Ms. :)

No comments: