Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter Night!

That's right, baby. J and I are going to go see Harry Potter tonight at midnight. She made herself a wand from a branch from a tree that's in front of our "house." Quotation marks because really we only have the floors left. Anyway, she decorated it, and it looks pretty neat. She also wanted to make t-shirts, but we didnt get around to it. And honestly, I'm getting tired of spending money.

Isnt that a weird thing to hear a woman say? =P I'm tired of spending money on stuff that I already HAD. Stuff that I need again. And groceries are expensive. And I dont even have to buy canned or dry goods. Got a lot of that from donated food at church. And I'm not working as much as I was, AND I was an idiot and paid my car payment twice in one week. Sheesh. Okay, rant over.

Along the lines of ranting... my husband told my pastor last night that I like to be mad. We'd been talking about how we're feeling lately, and I expressed that I dont like this "back to normal" feeling. Cause it's not normal. It's the "new normal" as some of us at church are calling it. Anyway, my pastor asked why, and M told him that it was because I dont have a reason to be angry anymore. And that I like to be angry. Hehehe. Well, Steev has known me long enough to know that I have anger issues sometimes. Mostly at Christmas (I have retail rage). Gee wiz.

So, something happier. I got to hand out "Watch for God" bracelets to some co-workers last night. I shared how I found them in my bedroom while I was digging a pair of jeans out of the debris. So now they know the story, and can tell it too. Definately a neat thing.

Oh. Here is a video I'd like you to watch. This is Beth and Russ. The first people I saw after the tornado. The first people I got to hug. Russ walked me to my house. I love these guys.


1 comment:

BeLinda said...

I saw the video and wondered the whole time if the lady was wearing one of your bracelets...