Saturday, July 9, 2011

New.

So, we just moved into our rental over 4th of July weekend. It's big. It's more space than I feel that we need. More space than we can fill. Fill it with what? Yeah. We're kind of going to be living more simplified, which isnt bad.

Things are beginning to feel more normal again. M's mom bought J a nice dresser at a yard sale. J's room definately feels more like a bedroom, and I could tell the difference in J's attitude right away. It's amazing how much comfort a piece of furniture can bring. I suppose I'd like the living room a lot more if we had furniture in it. But I guess I really dont mind having a pc monitor as a tv, sitting on a big cardboard box, with an office/waiting room couch. Using boxes as side tables really isnt awful. Who cares if your glass leaves a ring? Hahaha.

The living room really could use the most work. We scored a really nice, big, diningroom table last Thursday. We can now seat 8 people comfortably. Our bedroom really only had a bed in it to begin with, so I dont care if there's furniture in there or not (the walk-in closet is so nice, we dont need dressers).

Honestly, though, I dont really care about that stuff all that much. I'm more worried about kitchen things, because I use those the most. I'm most certainly missing having a toaster, and tupperware. All the leftovers we've had have gone into ziplock bags. Kinda weird, since I'm talkin about soup and tuna helper, haha. And all 30 of my cookbooks, and almost 3 years worth of Taste of Home magazines bit the dust in the tornado. Super Sadface!

I've got J knitting. She's currently working on an elephant, and some coasters for her bedroom. Just like her mama. Cant work on just one thing. I have a Rammy from "Castlecrashers" that I'm working on (my own pattern!), and an elephant too. A pink one. What's wrong with pink elephants?! :)

So life seems to be resuming as usual. I'm not sure that I like that or not. I sort of miss the urgency of things, the uncertainty of things. The uncomfortable-ness and a real sense of trusting God and His plan for my family, and most importantly, His kingdom.

I dont want to forget what this is all about... God.

1 comment:

Jabbergoaty said...

Nothing is wrong with pink elephants. I see them all the time.