Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Soul Clings to the Dust.

Just drove through town, down 20th street for the millionth time. Couldnt take it this time. Cried. I'm having a hard time remembering what things looked like.

As we drove, all I could think about was the people who had to endure the tornado's wrath in their homes. People clutching their children, their husbands, boyfriends, parents, siblings. Scared, in the dark. Hearing the destruction without realizing how horrendous it really was outside. Some knowing how horrendous it was, crouching in their "safe place," covering their heads, suddenly knowing that they are no longer "inside" their houses, maybe even taking a peek at what was going on, only to see debris flying all around them.

I think of what their souls cried out. "Help us, save us, dont let us die. Please God please." So many people crying out to God. So many. People that hadnt prayed in years, people who arent believers in the first place. I wonder what that sounded like to God. I wonder how that made Him feel.

My head cant wrap around the experiences some had to go through. It breaks my heart. But thinking about the outcry to God gives me great hope.

My soul clings to the dust;
give me life according to your word! (psalm 119:25)

No comments: