Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's Too Hot!!

This year we've had the craziest weather. We've had a blizzard, (for us it was, over a foot and a half of snow) and a tornado, and now it's effing hot ALL the time! 100+ degree temps, and there's no relief in sight. Even the swimming pool at our friend's house was too warm to really enjoy.

You know, I've been finding myself very complainy and "Grr" a lot lately. I dont know why, and I dont like it. Sure, my life was totally altered in May. But is it so bad now? Not really. We have our own house, we have our jobs, our health. We have an amazing family who has given so much support. That's including our church family. With out any of them, I dont know where we'd be right now. Still, somedays it takes everything in me to tell you that I'm okay.

Little annoyances arise when I try to do something, mostly in the kitchen, and realize that I'm missing tools. Do I really need to go buy a baster right this second? No, I can just baste my chicken with a spoon. Must I bake muffins, or should I just find something else to make? But these issues shouldnt ruin an entire day...

Between the hot, the long hours at work, the stress this tornado business had put me through, I think I'm really just exhausted. And it's taking a toll on my attitude, and my family and work friends suffer my complaining and bad attitude as a result.

So I apologize, friends, family. Bear with me. This mourning/trauma/depression, whatever you want to call it, isnt over yet, though I wish I could just put it in a pocket and hide it and pretend it's not happening.

My hope in God is all that is really keeping me from losing it sometimes, I think.

No comments: