Monday, August 8, 2011

Comfort in purpose.

Last night when Matt came to bed, he told me of how the man across the street came over and aske for help moving a piece of furniture. He thinks that the gentleman saw what Jade and a friend had written on our driveway with sidewalk chalk... "Pray for Joplin. God Bless. EF-5 Joplin Tornado survivers live here. Pray for Joplin. Hope for Joplin." Then Matt tells me that the man lost two relatives in the tornado.

I found myself overwhelmed by sadness. And crying, I prayed to God to heal the hearts of those who lost friends, family, maybe faith. And once again, I realized that God puts us all in places for a purpose.

Here I was, thinking that this isnt my neighborhood. I'm a stranger on a strange street, in a strange house. But Matt was here for the man across the street on purpose. We are here for something.

People lived through the tornado on purpose. And people died for a purpose.

I find comfort in knowing that things happen on purpose. It gives me a great hope in God's plan.

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the
wrath of my enemies,
and your right hand delivers me.
The LORD will fulfull his purpose for me;
your steadfast love, O LORD endures
forever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands." Ps 138:7-8

No comments: