Monday, August 29, 2011

I cant think of a title for this one.

Got home yesterday from our annual camping trip with my dad's side of the family. It was so nice to be out of town. Being at our usual spot on Stockton lake, enjoying my family, felt more normal than what I've been living recently. I could slowly feel my body uncoiling, all that tension leaving me. My head doesnt feel like it could explode at any moment. I felt like I reconnected with my husband and daughter. I know that they love me. And I love them more than I can say.

Oh man, the stars out there are amazing. You could see Milky Way bands the minute the sun was down. Matt and I took the rain guard off of our tent, and laid there under the stars, enjoying each other's company, not having to say a single word. Truly content. "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork."

Matt made some great food. We had kabobs, steak, ribs, and an experimental chicken. I had this whole chicken just sitting in the freezer. I thought we could throw it in our cast iron dutch oven and throw it on the fire and see what happened. Matt put in some onion, red pepper and carrot, put the chicken on top with salt, pepper and olive oil, covered it up and placed some hot coals on the lid. We checked it from time to time. After about 3 hours, it was gorgeous. Meat just fell off the bone. The skin was beautiful. I wanted to take a picture, but my phone was dead. We love eating when we're camping. :)

Anyway, we're back in town, getting back to the new norm.

Miss Jade is in the process of getting braces. Today we went in and she had some spacers installed. In 2 weeks, she'll be getting an expander. Should put her in braces sometime in October. My poor girl.

Before I go, I thought I'd share a dream I had last night. Just a quick one, where I was singing "What Wondrous Love is This." I was alone, and then joined by many voices singing with me. It was beautiful. And I woke up half humming. I love when I dream about Jesus.



No comments: