Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I have a Garden!

Saturday was my birthday. M and J went and bought me some planters, then M took me out on Saturday and we bought dirt and plants. I now have 4 strawberry plants hanging of the deck railing (to keep bunnies away, and Zoe) and 2 pots. One with dill, rosemary and thyme. The other with a red bell pepper, cilantro and flat leaf parsley. I should have thrown some chives in one of them.

April has been extremely wet this year. It rained for 3 days straight. My backyard is thoroughly soaked, and so are my planters. I'm hoping that my herbs arent drowning. Looks like the planters are draining well enough, but the dirt is very muddy and thick. Everyone looks good except for my thyme, which is looking a bit wimpy. I guess if it dies, I can replace it.

Also, it's supposed to get down into the 30's a couple of nights this week. I fear that my herbs will get frosty. Must look into how to cover them up.

I am super excited about having this garden, and would be very disappointed if it died w/in a week of planting.

No comments: