Friday, April 29, 2011

Oh allergies...

I've spent the last 3 days with a stuffy head, my nose is running on one side and stuffy on the other (how does that work?!) and I've been sneezing constantly. My allergies are way worse this year than ever before. And I never had allergies until a couple of years ago. I'm pretty miserable. And it's so pretty outside, too! :(

My plants seem to be doing okay after all those days of rain we got. I thought for sure they'd drown and die on me. One of my strawberry plants is really beat up. It's been real windy today, and it bent the poor thing over and broke two of the leaf stalks in half. :( I cant wait to start using my herbs. I suppose the rosemary is big enough to use a bit of already, but the rest of them would be a single serving at this point. Zoe chomped a bit on my red bell pepper, so he has a few leaves looking pitiful.

Zoe is a good dog. We've taught her how to Come, Sit and Shake. She's working on Heel while she's on her leash, and does okay with it. Stay is one command that is just eluding her at the moment. :) Also she's very excitable when people come over... we need to start coming in calmly and ignoring her when we first enter the house, that should help out a bit.

My mom's gonna be here in a little over a week. I'm so excited. I cant wait to see her and spend lots of time with her. :)

Well, off I go, in search of some relief from this runny nose. Wish me luck!

No comments: