Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Her needles flashed in the sunlight.

I finally finished my cardigan. I worked on this thing for almost 3 months. I started it 2 weeks before we closed on our house, which meant almost a month of not knitting after we moved, of course. I really like this sweater. I sort of wish I had used cotton instead of wool, to make it more versatile. But that's okay. It's a great spring/fall sweater. I'm also super excited with the fact that I only had 2 ends to weave in (Cast on and cast off ends) even though I went through 5.5 balls of yarn. Learning how to spit splice is definately worth it!

What to knit next? Probably all those Christmas gifts I intended to give last Christmas, but didnt in anticipation of closing on Jan 31st (we closed almost 2 weeks later). That includes a neat viking hat for my uncle, some fingerstaches, and probably a couple of scarflets, also some gloves. I've also fallen in love with a racerback tank called "Coachella" that I really want to knit. But with the way it's been going lately, I wouldnt have that done until it was too chilly to wear!

It's hard to knit with a puppy around. I have to keep a constant eye on her. Thank goodness she's getting used to her crate. I can stick her in there whenever I need a break. She's in there now. I've just cleaned the whole house! Cleaning the entire house hasnt happened all at once since she arrived. So I'm feeling very productive today. :)

Looks like my peace and quiet are coming to an end. Zoe will be up soon, and miss Jade will be home from school. Then it will be crazy until community groups. And ahh, I have tonight off. Husband and I can relax after groups. I am definately looking forward to that. :)

1 comment:

serenewaves said...

I have a huge list of knits I want to get done, gifts for my bridesmaids, baby gifts for 2 new babies that are coming & christmas gifts. I know there's no way I will be able to get it all done, especially with all the wedding plans going. I also have projects that I want to knit for me. I'm way too ambitious with knitting! Will I ever learn? Probably not :D
Enjoy your quiet time!