Thursday, March 26, 2009

amigurumi




Amigurumi is Japanese style crochet. I love it. It's absolutely adorable!

I've been contemplating learning how to crochet just for amigurumi. I'm not sure how practical that is, though. I mean, it'd be great to make for gifts and stuff like that. I dont know if the daughter would be interested in having some made for her, and making them just for my own amusement doesnt seem very practical.

Learning a new craft would mean another sort of obsession. It would mean money spent on crochet hooks, and probably quite a bit more yarn, even though I have tons of it trying to escape my closet. It would mean a lot more time learning to read patterns, learning tension all over again, staying up all night finishing a project, or rather, more projects left unfinished.

What am I thinking?! I still have yet to learn how to knit socks and sweaters and the like!

Still, there is something that keeps drawing me to the big round eyes and chubby little characters of the Amigurumi world.

Someday, I will learn.

No comments: