Wednesday, March 4, 2009

the urge to blog

I'm recently finding myself wanting to blog. Maybe I just need someone to talk to. I think I'd rather just do it here than some silly place like Facebook or Myspace, because I'd rather be more anonymous. Do you think it's strange that I'd rather blog to a bunch of strangers instead of people that I know personally? I dont, oddly enough.

So, a few things that I've been up to recently:
Taking care of a sick husband. He's better now, thank goodness. I, sad to say, have reached my limit on patience with babying him. I feel kind of bad about that. I mean, I love him. I want to take care of him. But, I dont really do well with hand & foot kind of stuff. Not for long periods of time.

Then, I decided to help the MIL knit up something for her sister's shop in Wisconsin. It sounded like a good idea at the time. Actually, I was having fun with it; making little scarf and hat sets for the American Girl dolls. But, my second hat didnt work out so well. I had it on my Denise Interchangables for the Magic Loop method, and for some reason, my connecters kept coming unconnected. I started the hat twice, and after the second time, I gave up. Maybe I'll use bigger needles and that should prevent all the twisting. Grr. Frustrating, that is. And I think maybe I'll stick to something a little easier, like Barbie-sized blankets.

Also, I've been obsessed with knitting with cotton yarn. I love working with the stuff. So I've been searching for things to make; placemats, handtowels, washcloths. Making things for the home isnt all you can do with it, but it is ideal since cotton is so absorbant. Maybe I'll make a few headbands or something out of it as well.

Today I joined http://www.twitter.com/ as well as trying to get back into blogging. We'll see how both go. I figure Twitter is a lot like blogging, only shorter. Maybe I'll see you there. :)

No comments: