Monday, March 9, 2009

fear of commitment?

I have a problem. Apparently, this problem is not uncommon amongst us knitters. The fear of commitment. I'm not talking about relationships. I'm talking about finishing what we've started.

Right now, I can count 4 projects in my room around me that I need to finish. A hat, a pair of slippers, a headband (I'm gonna frog that one) and a washcloth. There are at least 2 projects unfinished in my living room. A doll blanket and a teddy bear.

Some of these projects I started quite a long time ago. The headband I started last summer. The hat was supposed to have been a Christmas present, the slippers from last fall for a friend who'd moved into a house with hardwood floors. The teddy bear I wanted to have finished 2 weeks ago.

What's even worse, is that even though I have all of these things I need to finish, I'm probably going to start another project before I even finish any of the others. Well, I want to anyway.

Not this time. I have decided that if I'm going to cast on for a pair of fingerless gloves that I really want, I'll have to finish at least one of these projects first. Now, which one, which one...

No comments: