Tuesday, March 17, 2009

meh.

I hate being a girl. Well, I'll hate being a girl for about 3 days straight, anyway. I hate the inconvenience. The husband should knock me up already! :)
Ladies, you should try one of these things out.. http://www.divacup.com/ Go green! I've been using mine for months and I love it.

Okay, onto less awkward things.

Spring is finally here. The daffodils are coming up. Our trees outside are blooming (and they reek, in not a good way), and the daughter is bugging me to wear shorts already.

Spring means lacy hats, whispy scarves and fingerless gloves for those blustery days. I went ahead and made myself a nice Spring Beret, and plan on getting my fingerless gloves started soon. The hat I made out of Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton! yarn. It's very soft, but sheds horribly while working with it. I would have fuzz clinging to everything; my hands, my face, and my clothes. I still have another skein of it left, which I could make my gloves with.. but I think I'll stick to the Peaches n Creme I was going to use anyway.

I'm also thinking about learning how to cable. I was talking about it to a lady at work and she told me not to bother with buying cable needles, and just to use a saftey pin or stitch holders. So I guess that's what I'll experiment with.

One more thing that Spring makes me want to do is work out. The husband and I had gotten into the FIRM system. I really liked it. We dont have enough room in the living room to actually do it very well, though. Must rearrange. Maybe after Spring Break, I can try to talk him into running with me in the mornings. It's so hard to find the motivation to work out by myself. And I always feel like an idiot doing it alone in my living room. I guess that sounds sort of strange. Ah well.

Okay. Time to find some Midol. PMS on a gorgeous day like this just doesnt seem fair.

No comments: