Monday, June 6, 2011

2 weeks.

I am sitting here waiting for the gas company to call me back so I can ask them what my balance is, and to shut off our gas (which spewed out of our meter for days after the tornado). I have finished with the electric and water companies. Spending almost an hour on the phone between the two. I will need more minutes on my phone soon.

It's hard to believe that the tornado hit two weeks ago. Since then, we have dug out as much as we can. Clothes survived, some didnt. Sweaters are ruined. The dishes in my dishwasher survived, and so did most of the stuff in my lower cabinets. I lost all of my yarn, but did find my knitting needles. We found our wedding album. There is no reason for us to go back to the house for awhile. The last time we were there, we stayed for all of 10 minutes. I just cant handle it anymore.

I miss my house.

I miss the feeling of being Home. It's the worst at night and after work. Because now I have to go to someone else's home. Try not to be noisy on the staircase. Make myself sleep when I'm not tired. Sometimes I can lay in bed and daydream about going home. Finding my husband and doggy asleep on the couch, while netflix plays on the tv. Making myself a snack in my kitchen. Smelling fresh mowed grass on the wind blowing through the kitchen window. The feel of the cool ceramic tiles on my feet. I want to listen to my daughter practicing her piano. I want to play with my dog in the backyard. I want to smell my rosemary growing near the deck. I want to cook in my kitchen.


I want to go home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your house. I hope that you and your family are safe and unhurt, and that your lives return to normal soon.

Fizzberry said...

Thanks :) We're living the "new normal" now. Which is different, but it will get better.