Monday, June 13, 2011

Patience and Grace

I have come to realize many things these last 3 weeks. Things like, how good people really can be. How much I love my family and how much they love me.

There is evidence of God's grace all around me. He is answering prayers all the time. We will have a home soon. Temporary yes, but a home. My dad, Beth and Russ, they have found homes. Churches from all over the country are sending teams to Joplin to help do anything that victims need. God is pouring out His love on this city, through organizations, people, HIS church, from near and far away. He is opening hearts to give generously. He is providing people with hearts that want to give, to help, to just be there for us.

We were singing a song "All I have is Christ" last week. By the end of the song, I'd had a revelation. THis is not a song to be sung in mourning! I had been singing it as if He was all I had left. My house is gone, all I have is Christ. That's not right. It is to be sung with gladness! ALL I have is Christ. Nothing else matters. One day, everything will look like my poor destroyed house. But Jesus never changes. He is the only constant. Forever.

And so. I'm passing the days in our room, mostly. Sort of regretting that I had told Kohls that I was only available for ad sets. Working during the day would give me something to do.

I'm kind of bored. Zoe sleeps a lot. I feel bad for her... she doesnt really get to run around the backyard. She's on a leash all the time. Our new place wont have much for a backyard, either. We'll figure something out.

Maybe I'll even get to start a new herb garden. Or plant some flowers. I hope so.

We'll see.

No comments: